Changes compared to 21.12.0
Deprecation: Comet Server no longer supports Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008. Note that the Comet Backup desktop app continues to support Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008; this only affects Comet Server. Windows Server 2008 R2 is still supported for both Comet Server and the Comet Backup desktop app.
Deprecation: Removed support for U2F for two-factor authentication for admin users due to the impending removal of U2F from browsers (see https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/xHC3AtU_65A). Existing U2F 2FA will be automatically migrated to use WebAuthn when the Comet Server instance is upgraded; this requires no action on an admin's part, and the same U2F devices can continue to be used.
- Added support for WebAuthn for two-factor authentication for admin users, including support for Windows Hello Face / Fingerprint / PIN, Android Safetynet / Fingerprint and other Hardware Security Keys
- Add new wizard for synchronizing time zone in the recovery environment
- Fix an issue with reporting client operating system name on Windows 11
- Fix a cosmetic issue with system fonts on Windows 11
- Fix a cosmetic issue with Storage Vault quota bars in the Comet Server web interface
- Fix a cosmetic issue with element spacing in the Comet Server web interface
- Fix a cosmetic issue with "[object Object]" appearing in some error messages from the Comet Server web interface
- Fix an issue where the device registration dialog cannot be closed when registering a new hardware 2FA device
- Fix an issue where hardware device-based 2FA can be enabled for an admin user in Comet Server without a valid device registration, locking the admin out of their account