Changes compared to 22.8.0
- Remove support for running the Comet Backup client on Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and macOS 10.10 "Yosemite". The new minimum version is Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and macOS 10.11 "El Capitan"
- The Authenticode certificate used by Comet has been renewed. When installing the Windows version of Comet Server or Comet Backup, you may see Windows Defender Smartscreen prompts for approximately one week as the replacement certificate builds reputation.
- Webhook and websocket events for the top-level Tenant will now include events from tenants
- New design for the dashboard screen in the Comet Backup desktop app
- Support Comet Backup for macOS on Apple Silicon (M1 / M2)
- Support Gradient MSP as a PSA platform.
Gradient MSP is an external service that allows you to sync user account data and backup job error alerts into many RMM/PSA systems including ConnectWise, Autotask, Kaseya, Syncro, Pulseway RMM, HaloPSA and more. For more information, please see https://support.meetgradient.com/comet-backup
- Added copy to clipboard button for Office 365 Azure setup process
- User can now be transferred between tenants via API or web interface
- The main organization's shown Organization Name will be "Comet Server Operator Organization", unless a Company Name is configured under Branding to override it.
- Microsoft SQL Server backups can now be restored directly into MSSQL Server
- Added ability to restore MySQL backups directly into a MySQL server, without spooling
- Webhook and websocket events for main organization will now include events from tenants
- Add Backup Now for self-backup targets
- Integrates Storj backend with Comet
- Added an API to create a self-backup export for a single tenant
- Constellation role is now supported for tenants
- Improve performance of Disk Image backup on drives with large amounts of free space sectors
- Devices running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 RTM are no longer eligible 'high power' devices for preferential retention passes
- Increase number of worker threads for Storage Role replication
- Minor improvements to performance and memory usage
- Improved TLS ciphersuite selection in Comet Server's built-in HTTPS server
- Custom commands (Before/Thaw/After, or Program Output backup, or Program Input restore) will no longer act as if Comet's $PWD is in $PATH
- Increased job history lookup speed for servers with many user profiles
- Various improvements to the Comet Server web interface's UI
- Support the 'hide files instead of deleting them' option for Backblaze B2 in Constellation, to hide unused customer buckets and rely on B2 lifecycle policies for delayed cleanup
- Cosmetic add icons to the Storage Template configuration settings in the Comet Server web interface
- Reduce maximum concurrent installer generations to one less than the number of CPU cores, to prevent large Bulk Update Campaigns from slowing down the Comet Server
- Reduce memory usage requirements for Comet Server Storage Role when processing a large file upload
- Websockets can now be filtered using Query parameters (e.g.
- Improve performance when deleting an entire Tenant via the Comet Server API
- Reduce filesize for downloading the Comet Backup installer for Windows
- Webhooks can now be viewed, created, and edited through the Comet Server settings page, including as a Tenant admin
- Improve performance of compressing data during backup jobs
Changes compared to 22.9.10
- Fix an issue with Missed backup jobs only creating a
SEVT_JOB_STARTEDevent message without any corresponding